Thursday, October 6, 2011

Vikings Berrian out 2-3 weeks with Twitter thumb.

Eden Prairie, MN - Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Bernard Berrian, better known to everyone as @B_Twice, was listed as inactive for this weekend's game against the Arizona Cardinals according the the Vikings injury report posted this morning. The listing comes as a surprise to many Vikings fans as most thought he had been inactive all season.

Berrian's injury is officially listed as "Twitter thumb", a increasingly common injury among NFL players trying to defend their lack of productivity on the field. Head coach Leslie Frazier in his weekly press conference add that the injury was not directly linked to the foot injury Berrian suffered on Sunday evening where Berrian inserted his entire foot into his mouth tweeting "Sit down and shut up" to John Kriesel, a state representative and a sponsor of the new Vikings stadium bill.



"I was just tweeting about what song I was listening to and where I was going for dinner when I heard a pop", said Berrian in this mornings press conference. "I knew it was bad, but i tried to tweet through it. I talked to Sug and he wrapped it for me but it was still really painful. I went in for a MRI and it revealed I had a strained flexor tendon."



The Vikings are sure to miss Berrian's presence as he accounts for almost 50% of the team's twitter productivity after taking on a larger roll when Bryant McKinnie was cut during training camp.


By Ben Nelson

Ben Nelson is chief correspondent at the Fake News Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment