Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Netflix...those Inglorious Bastards

On December 15th the movie inglorious bastards was released to DVD. A few days earlier, I had it in my Netflix queue. When it release its expected availability was "Very long wait" which according to nextflix "30 days, usually less". Two months later, its status "very long wait".

I'm typically a big fan of Netflix. I even bought a blue ray player with internet availability to stream movies directly to my TV. Recently I've streamed 5 seasons of the TV show lost.
But right now, it seems my best case senerio to see a good new release is 3 months or a quarter of a year AFTER it was released to DVD and they know it. When you click on "new releases" all of the A-list movies aren't even listed. They instead steer you towards the B-list releases as if they are what you were really looking for.

Other new releases that are in my queue yet not available That weren't even blockbusters:

And reminder, Very long wait = about a month.

Couples Retreat - Released Feb 9 - Very long wait
ZombieLand - Released Feb 2 - Very long wait
Paranormal Activity - Release Dec 29 - Very long wait

I can only imagine the wait for "Up in the air", the next movie i really want to see.

Perhaps my expectations are too high, but I continue to see prices of media access (cable, internet, netflix) going up, without quality and availability moving along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment