Monday, January 25, 2010

Give and Take

As made the walk from my office, bitter cold wind blowing snow directly into my face and eyes, I thought back on all the things I like that were taken from me this weekend.

Friday night we said goodbye to Conan O'Brien and his run on the tonight show. Recently taking a job that allows me to stay up past 6pm, I've rediscovered my love for late night TV, only to have it taken from me a couple of months later. I'm now stuck with Leno again, who I'm certain owns more cars than has written funny jokes.

Saturday. My day off from most everything. My only responsibility was to produce a basketball game later that night. I was lucky enough to not only wake up with a headache but an upset stomach. I ended up spending the rest of the day doing shots of store brand pepto and generic tylenol (hey I'm on a budget here). I did feel well enough to get to the radio station, where I got to listen to the only college basketball team I give a damn about have their undefeated streak snapped.

Sunday. The Vikings game, though exciting throughout, ended in disappointment. The conclusion of that game took away my Vikings season, Super Bowl hopes, probably Brett Favre, and a good nights sleep all at once. I ended up staying up watching a movie, a few Hero's and Lost episodes finally falling asleep around 5am.

This morning I was woken at 6am to my alarm and meandered through my daily routine. Walked to my car to warm it up, noticing the door cracked open. It happens from time to time, my seat belt gets caught in the door stopping it from closing all the way. I opened it up to see the tray to my center console tray had been removed completely and was missing, along with its contents of about 1.78 in change. Other than that, nothing else missing. Well except my sense of security that we live an a safe neighborhood.

With my eyes watering from the wind and snow, I finally made it to the building, reminded life is full of give and take. Even if what you're given is a renewed sense of pessimism.


No comments:

Post a Comment